Since her first appearance on the legendary “Larry Glick Show” in Boston on May 21, 1987, Dr. Joanne Pransky has been wowing audiences with her wit and wisdom about robots.
Joanne has appeared on numerous radio and television shows, including NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CNN.
She had a recurring role as an official judge for the television series, “Comedy Central Sports Presents BattleBots”.
Joanne began judging in November 1999, with the BattleBots World Championship Pay-Per-View in Las Vegas, NV. (Like all professional sporting events, they had to have a doctor on board to treat the contestants…) Judge Joanne continued judging for all of Comedy Central’s BattleBots Series 1.0-Series 5.0. ‘. She was also interviewed for documentaries by Discovery Europe and Russia’s NTV and Joanne debuted the famous Chinese android twin on the Jimmy Kimmel Live TV Show.
Joanne was the robotics consultant for the TV pilot, ‘The Cure’, and for films ‘Eagle Eye’ and ‘Ender’s Game’, in which she brought never-seen-before medical robots and real users of robotic technologies from various parts of the world onto the big screen.
Joanne has recently launched the Robotic Psychiatrist’s Channel on YouTube in which she integrates robotic ‘patients’ into brand new environments with the public.
- CNN’s Future Summit
- Comedy Central’s BattleBots
- Discovery Channel
- KMVT, Mountain View
- MSN’s Play it 4-Ward
- NTV Russian Broadcasting Company
- The Sci Fi Channel
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
- Tech TV
- Guest Speaker, “The Future of Robotics and AI”, Notre Dame de Namur University, Professor William Barry’s courses, “The Ethics and Governance of Emerging Technologies”, “The Ethics of Sports”, January 23, 2017
- Moderator, Silicon Valley Robotic Influencer Salon, “Social Robots for Home and Health”, January 10, 2017
- Interviewee, Risk Roundup Webcast and Podcast, “Societal Impact of Robotics”, October 31, 2016
- Guest Speaker, “Asimov’s New Intelligence”, Notre Dame de Namur University, Professor William Barry’s course, “The Ethics and Governance of Emerging Technologies” and interviewee for MBC’s global documentary, Future Human: Artificial Intelligence, October 17, 2016
- Judge, 2016 Loebner Prize for Artificial Intelligence, Bletchley Park, UK, September 17, 2016
- Guest Speaker, Notre Dame de Namur University, Professor William Barry’s course, “The Ethics and Governance of Emerging Technologies”, April 29, 2016
- TechEmergence: Episode #105 – public opinion around artificial intelligence, is the media helping or hurting? – with Dr. Joanne Pransky, July 19, 2015
- Participant in the Littler Thought Leadership Roundtable, “The Future of the Workforce: How the Robotics Revolution will Shape the Employment and Labor Law Landscape”, February 12, 2014, Washington, D.C.
- Presenter for Industrial Robot Journal’s Innovation Awards, CLAWAR 12, 15th International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots, July 23-25, 2012
- “Top 10 things robot engineers need to know
to help them navigate outside their own lab,” CLAWAR 12, 15th International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots, July 23-25, 2012
- “Robotics in Our Lives”, Oakmont Long Range Planning Committee, Santa Rosa, CA, September 19, 2009\
- Presenter, Emerald Outstanding Paper Award, RIA?
- Moderator, “The Latest Advances in Service Robotics“, International Robots, Vision & Motion Control Show, Chicago, IL, June 10, 2009
- “Panel Discussion on Robots and Contemporary Culture“, Sonoma County Museum, Santa Rosa, CA, Feb. 19, 2009
- Keynote, “Improving Human-to-Human Relationships through the Use of Personal Robotics”, 1st International Conference on Human-Robot Personal Relationships, Netherlands, June 12, 2008
- “Coming Soon: A Robot in Every Oakmont Home. What You Need to Know Now for the Robotics Revolution”, Sunday Symposium at Oakmont Village, Santa Rosa, CA, January 20, 2008
- Moderator, “Advances in Robotics for Medical Applications“, International Symposium on Robotics, Chicago, IL, June 11, 2007
- Ace and TJ Radio Show, Charlotte, NC, March 15, 2007
- “The Frankenstein Complex and its Impact on Robotics”, RoboNexus, San Jose, CA, October 8, 2005
- “The Frankenstein Complex and its Impact on Robotics”, The University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, November 15, 2004
- “Why We Need To Love Our Robots – and How To Make It Happen“, RoboNexus, Santa Clara, CA, October 23, 2004
- “Are We Ready to Work and Live with Robots”, The Annual Conference of the World Future Society, Houston, TX, July 23-25, 2000
- “Robots of the 21st Century”, The Ninth General Assembly of the World Future Society, Washington, DC, July 29-August 1, 1999
- “What to Expect from Robots in the New Millennium”, The Annual Conference of the World Future Society, Chicago, July 19-21, 1998
- “Designing Robots to Aid Humans”, Netherlands Design Institute, Amsterdam, Holland, February 28-March 2, 1998
- “The Future of Robots: Social Implications”, Borders Bookstore, Coral Spring, Florida, September 27, 1995
- “Social Implications of a Robotic Future”, Florida Criminal Justice Executive Institute, Tallahassee, Florida, August 15, 1995
- “Robotic Psychiatry and Robotic Law”, RoboFest 6, Austin, Texas, April 1-2, 1995
- “A Robotic Future: Social Implications”, The 1995 Annual Conference of the World Future Society, July 18-July 20, 1995
- “Living and Loving Robots: Social Adaption”, The 1994 Annual Conference of the World Future Society, Cambridge, Massachusetts, July 24-26, 1994
- “Robotic Psychiatry: The Social Implications of Robotics”, RoboFest 5, Austin, Texas, March 26-27, 1994
- “Living and Working with Robots: Our Buddies or Our Bosses?” Institute of Industrial Engineers, West Palm Beach, Florida, October, 1993
- “Social Adjustments to a Robotic Future” Science Fiction Research Association Conference, Reno, Nevada, June 17-20, 1993
- “Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Virtual Reality in Present-Day Film”, The Fourteenth International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts”, Dania, Florida, March 17-21, 1993
- “Problematics of Representation: Three Approaches”, (Chair), The Fourteenth International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts”, Dania, Florida, March 17-21, 1993
- “Aliens, Robots, and Modified Humans” The 50th World Science Fiction Convention, Orlando, Florida, September 3-7, 1992. This presentation was also covered in a Convention Report by Taras Wolansky of the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County.
- “Robots, Animatronics, and the Future”, The 50th World Science Fiction Convention, Orlando, Florida, September 3-7, 1992
- “Robots, Cyborgs, and Modified Humans”, The Thirteenth International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts”, Dania, Florida, March 25-29, 1992
- “Intimate Technology”, The 49th World Science Fiction Convention, Chicago, August 29-September 2, 1991
- “Manufacturing Sane Robots: A Robopsychiatrist’s View”, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, April 9, 1991, Hollywood, Florida
- “Robots and Artificial Intelligence”, The Twelfth International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts”, Dania, Florida, March 20-24, 1991
- “Modified Men: Cyborgs and Nanotechnology”, The 48th World Science Fiction Convention, The Hague, Holland, August 23-27, 1990
- “Robots in Science Fiction, Literature, and the Arts”, The Eleventh International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts”, Dania, Florida, March 1990
- “The Psychological, Social, and Emotional Effects of the Exponential Rate of Technology”, Electrical Engineering Department, University of Colorado, Boulder, May, 1982